A journey through the memory of a disappeared country, Remembering Yugoslavia explores how the people of the former Yugoslav republics remember and imagine their former homeland, which no longer exists.
Created and hosted by Peter Korchnak. New episodes two to four times per month.
I am so grateful to you for producing this important podcast. It has become my current joy and addiction.
Ana, Perth, Australia
@peterkorchnak Glad to have found you here, have come to thank you profoundly for a beautiful and very interesting podcast https://t.co/8OAcB2hcMs Have just started listening, but jumped over to @SpomenikDatabse one. You are doing and important work here, thank you!
— barjanski (@barjanski) November 7, 2020
Become a monthly patron on Patreon:
Make a one-time contribution via PayPal/credit card:
Thank you for the podcasts, and it’s a pleasure to listen and to support you in making more episodes.
Episode Shownotes (with Transcripts, Links, and More)
- Peace and Division in BiH: 25 Years of the Dayton Peace Accords – Gorana Mlinarević & Nela Porobić Isaković (Podcast Episode 18)
- I Design YU Design – Ognjen Ranković + Zoran Cardula (Podcast Episode 17)
- (Serbian) Diaspora Voices I: Ivan Colic & Andrea Jovanovic (Podcast Episode 16)
- Ace of Spomenik Database – Donald Niebyl (Podcast Episode 15)
- Balkan Travel Spies – Ralph van der Zijden + Tiago Carruco (Podcast Episode 14)
- Croatia’s Political Tragedy – Ivo Goldstein (Podcast Episode 13)
- Yugoslavia as an Alternative Political Project – Tanja Petrović (Podcast Episode 12)
- Mini Yugoslavia: A Field Report – Goran and Blaško Gabrić (Podcast Episode 11)
- Croatia’s History Illness – Hrvoje Klasić (Podcast Episode 10)
- Das Ist Museum – Elma Hodžić (Podcast Episode 9)
- 12,000 Monuments (and Nothin’ on Map) – Vladana Putnik Prica (Podcast Episode 8)
- Yugofuturist Rock’n’Roll – Petar Janjatović (Podcast Episode 7)
- Yugoslavia as Cultural Subversion – Martin Pogačar (Podcast Episode 6)
- Future Mo(nu)ments – Sanja Horvatinčić (Podcast Episode 5)
- Made in Yugodom – Mario Milaković (Podcast Episode 4)
- The Origin Story of Remembering Yugoslavia (Podcast Bonus Episode)
- The New-New Life of Yugoslav Partisan Songs – Ana Hofman (Podcast Episode 2)
- You Go, You Go, Yugo – Antonija Buntak (Podcast Episode 1)
- Launching the Remembering Yugoslavia Podcast: Why Remember Yugoslavia?
Your kindred perspective as a post-socialist, national of a non-existent country, really comes across in the podcast, and protects it from the fetishisation or exoticism (even orientalism) that I sense in so many other English language podcasts about…well anywhere outside America’s borders. So thank you again for that.
Mikal, London, UK